The Lupus Foundation of Northern California (LFNC) has
been providing services since 1978. We provide a variety of services to support and educate the community, particularly lupus patients, their families and the medical community.
- 5-14-15: California State Assembly passes resolution designating May 2015 as Lupus Awareness Month and recognizing LFNC, Lupus LA, and LFSC. Read the resolution.
- 4-6-15: Risk of low bone density, Carotic Arterial Disease increases with SLE. Read more.
- 2-10-15: Study: Plaquenil mitigates diabetes risk in lupus patients. Read more.
- 2-9-15: Lower dose of Prednisone seen as effective in Lupus Nephritis. Read more.
- 11-10-14: Powerful 3-drug combo seen as effective against lupus nephritis. Read here.
- 8-19-14: Australian Scientists zero in on one lupus patient's genetic factor. Read here.
- 8-6-14: Low vitamin D levels increase heard disease risk in lupus patients. More here.
- 7-24-14: LRI calls on lupus community to support Biomedical Research Funding. Sign here.
- 5-19-14: Lupus Patients At Higher Risk For Shingles Read here.
- 5-8-14: Acthar Gel Reduces Disease Activity in Lupus Patients Read here.
- 3-17-14: Could lupus hold the key to curing HIV? Read here.
- 3-16-14: Class, ancestry, medication factors in cardiac risk for lupus patients. Read more.
- 2-14-14: New study indicates lupus may be more common than previously thought. Read more.
- 1-20-14: New genetic clue to lupus found. Read more.
- 11-18-13: Non-toxic Lupus therapy Shows promise. Read more.
- 6-18-13:Large-scale Study Shows Link Between Mood Disorders and Autoimmune Diseases. Read MORE.
- 6-17-13: New Research on Investigational Drug EPRATUZUMAB provides insight into how it may be effective in lupus. Epratuzumab is now in late stage Phase III clinical trials. Read MORE.
- 4-29-13: Hospital for Special Surgery receives Tow Foundation grant to study genomics of Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Read more.
- 4-22-13: Upcoming lupus drugs like Lupuzor will improve on the efficacy of Benlysta, experts say.
- 3-01-13: Researchers discover enzyme that could lead to new lupus treatment. Read here.
- 1-17-13: Certain natural bacteria may help prevent autoimmune diseases. Read here.
- 1-11-2013: Fibromyalgia shown greater association with Lupus.
- 10-26-12: Test to Speed Up Lupus Diagnosis Now Available Nationwide. Read more.
- 09-20-12: Another Experimental Lupus Drug Reaches Phase 3 Clinical Trial Stage. The drug, Blisibimod, is being developed by Hayward, California biopharmaceutical company, Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Read more.
- 08-10-12: Chronic Exposure to Staph Bacteria May Be Risk Factor For Lupus or Lupus Flares Read more.
- 07-30-12: New guidelines for treating Lupus Nephritis. Read more.
- 07-09-12:Study Shows Improvement with Benlysta Plus Standard Lupus Treatment. MORE.
- 04-09-12:New Study Identifies Genes That Predispose African Americans, European Americans and Asians to Lupus. MORE.
- 01-09-12: New Test Launched to Facilitate More Accurate Lupus Diagnosis. MORE.
- 12-15-11: Phase 3 Trial of "Subcutaneous" Benlysta Underway. Trial to Enroll over 800 Adults with SLE. MORE.
- 11-17-11: Study says CellCept Seems Better at Controlling Lupus Kidney Complication than Another Commonly Used Therapy. Read MORE.
- 11-04-11: FDA Gives Experimental Drug LUPUZOR Green Light for Phase III Trials. Read MORE.
- Lupus Together. For Clinical Trials
- Looking for Sisters of Women with Lupus for national research study. Learn MORE
- The National Institutes for Health maintains a database on clinical trials. Visit their Web site for information on trials or to search for ongoing studies.
LUPUS MINI-CONFERENCE: Saturday, May 23. CEU credits for RNs. Learn more and register.
BETA SIGMA PHI DONATION. Beta Sigma Phi's 8 California Councils and Beta Sigma Phi International donated a total of $38,735 to LFNC! Read more.
LFNC Demands Immediate Patient Access to Medication, Calls for End to "Fail First". California is considering legislation to expand patient access and restrict "fail first" medicine. We encourage you to read more and contact your legislator.
Springing to Action: See how LFNC is the small organization that's doing big things this Spring.
The 2015 Fund Campaign aims to raise $60,000. Help us get there!
LFNC ranked among top non-profit for fourth year by Great Nonprofits thanks to your reviews.
Put yourself on the million-dollar lupus map! Find out how today
- Bipartisan Lupus Caucus Formed in U.S. Congress! Lupus community hails caucus, citing positive impact on national lupus awareness and research efforts. Learn MORE.
- NEW!.One-sheet list of resources on Medicare, Medi-Cal, Health Insurance, Prescription Medications, Social Security Disability, Free Clinics and more. View or Download.
- LFNC's YouTube Video Channel is here! View latest video of a young Hayward woman of Salvadorian descent and her positive outlook despite her lupus diagnosis:
- Now available on this Website: INTERACTIVE PATIENT TUTORIAL ON LUPUS.
English | Spanish
- NEW! Missed an issue of our weekly eNewsletter? Want to sign up to receive the eNewsletter? Click below.